Monday, April 23, 2018

Meet a true bondservant of Jesus Christ

When I was doing my undergraduate study, I got a hold of a copy of the book by Elisabeth Elliot who was Jim Elliot's wife, and the name of the book was, In the Shadow of the Almighty.  She used many of his writings, Below is a quote from him that was used to encourage me to know God,and to serve Him alone.

The night spread black and blossomed brilliantly with stars.  I walked out to the hill just now.  It is exalting, delicious to stand embraced by the shadows of a friendly tree with the wind tugging at you coat tails and the heavens hailing your heart, to gaze and glory and to give oneself again to God.  What more could a man ask? 
"Oh, the fullness, pleasure, sheer excitement of knowing God on earth.  I care not if I ever raise my voice again for Him, if only I may love Him, please Him.  May hap in mercy He shall give me a host of children that I may lead through the vast star fields, to explore His delicacies, whose  finger-ends set them to burning.  But if not, if only I may see Him, touch His garments, and smile into my Lover's eyes--ah then, not stars, nor children shall matter-- only Himself." 


 Elisabeth Elliot also wrote a book that challenged young and old and young  to live for God and spread His word. (Ed. I have not received any money for recommending either of these books. SB)
Through Gates of Splendor is the true story of five young missionaries who were savagely killed while trying to establish communication with the Auca Indians of Ecuador. The story is told through the eyes of Elisabeth Elliot, the wife of one of the young men who was killed..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to respond to my blog. I value your opinion.